Provides technical assistance and training to customers by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
include the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium.
- Configuration of client’s equipment to connect to the Internet via modem/DSL Router (Dialup/DSL customers only).
- Configure software to connect to Internet application servers.
- Provide training to clients in the use of system and applications as related to Internet.
- Obtain general understanding of OS and application operations related to company offered services.
- Identify and correct or advise, on operational issues in client computer systems.
- Perform light lifting 25lbs.
- Perform creation of new accounts using company provide software tools.
The Ideal candidate will also possess the following skills:
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Experience with hardware and software issues.
- Proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients and Web Browsers.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Typing proficiency: 40-60 wpm.
Qualifications : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience :
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills :
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills :
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability :
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills :
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Contact Management systems; Database software; Internet software and Word Processing software.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.